My guest this week on The Brainfluence Podcast is entrepreneur, author, speaker, and worldwide connector, Peter Shankman. Peter is recognized nationally and globally for radically new ways of thinking about social media, PR, marketing, advertising, creativity, and much more. Peter started his career in Vienna, VA, with America Online as a Senior News Editor, helping found the AOL Newsroom and spearheading coverage of the Democratic and Republican 1996 conventions, which marked the first time an online news service covered any major political event.
Peter is the founder and CEO of The Geek Factory, Inc., a boutique marketing and PR strategy firm located in New York City, with clients worldwide. His blog, which he launched as a website in 1995, both comments on and generates news and conversation. He is the author of Can We Do That? And Nice Companies Finish First, and his new book, Zombie Loyalists, and just as the title implies, in his book, Peter teaches companies to use great service to create rabid fans.
Today, Peter joins me to discuss his experiences with companies on both ends of the customer service spectrum, from the good to the bad to the horrible. We talk about why consumers will still flock to companies with terrible customer service and the fast, easy and free way that you can improve your customer service that will have customers raving about you. Click play below to listen…
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What Peter expects from a customer service experience.
- Why you need to create a great customer service reputation, without having to say it yourself.
- The easy and free way to create rabid fans.
- Why people still use companies with horrible customer service.
- Peter’s formula to drive unbelievable revenue.
- Amazon: Zombie Loyalists: Using Great Service to Create Rabid Fans by Peter Shankman
- Kindle: Zombie Loyalists: Using Great Service to Create Rabid Fans by Peter Shankman
- Amazon: Nice Companies Finish First: Why Cutthroat Management Is Over – and Collaboration Is In by Peter Shankman
- Kindle: Nice Companies Finish First: Why Cutthroat Management Is Over – and Collaboration Is In by Peter Shankman
- Amazon: Can We Do That?! Outrageous PR Stunts That Work—And Why Your Company Needs Them by Peter Shankman
- Connect with Peter on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Google+ | Email | Blog
- The Geek Factory
- Amazon: The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
- Kum & Go
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below