James Clear has been covered by USA Today, Forbes, Fast Company, Inc., and US News & World Report. He writes about psychology, habit formation, and peak performance at JamesClear.com, his personal website that sees a million visits per month. His articles also frequently appear in outlets like Time, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, Lifehacker, and The Next Web.
An author, entrepreneur, and photographer, James joins the show to share insights from his new book, Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones. Listen in to learn what it takes to form positive habits, how making small changes adds up over time, and how to set yourself up for success.
Learn the key steps for habit formation with @JamesClear, author of ATOMIC HABITS. #behavioralscience #creativity #habits Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How small, “one-percent” changes can compound to change your life.
- Where we encounter the bulk of friction associated with forming habits.
- What matters more than motivation when it comes to whether you succeed or fail.
- The four steps of habit formation.
- What makes us more likely to repeat or avoid a behavior.
- How habits help us.
- The ultimate form of immediate gratification.
- One thing that is essential for any habit to form.
- What “habit stacking” is and how it helps build positive behavior.
- How to set your self up for success using the Two Minute Rule.
Key Resources for James Clear:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: