Rory Sutherland is one of the most influential advertising professionals in the world today. Having worked as the Vice Chairman of Ogilvy since 1988, Rory has formed a behavioral science practice within the agency, where his team works to uncover the hidden business and social possibilities that emerge when you apply creative minds to the latest thinking in psychology and behavioral science.
In this episode, Rory shares insight from his book, Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life, and breaks down why we do the things we do. Listen in as he explains how to increase the perceived value of an offer, what you must never do in customer service, and more.
Learn about the hidden business and social possibilities that emerge when you apply creative minds to the latest thinking in psychology and behavioral science with @rorysutherland, author of ALCHEMY. #branding #advertising… Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The importance of putting a time constraint on an offer.
- What EAST is and how to use it in your marketing technique.
- Why people frequently choose a site they have used before, rather than try a new one.
- Why toothpaste has stripes.
- Interesting studies that show the reasoning behind why we do the things we do.
Key Resources for Rory Sutherland:
- Connect with Rory Sutherland: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Amazon: Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life
- Kindle: Alchemy
- Audible: Alchemy
- Robert Cialdini
- The Case Against Reality by Donald Hoffman
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below