What is your brand’s story? It’s a simple question that doesn’t always have such a simple answer. Our guest, Alexander Jutkowitz, has spent over 20 years helping brands find and tell their stories, and he joins us today to share strategic storytelling techniques you can use to do the same.
A content marketing and strategy expert, Alexander has worked in more than 30 countries to lead communication marketing campaigns for multinational corporations, not-for-profits, trade associations, political organizations, and more. The co-founder of GROUP SJR and Truffle Pig, Alexander also serves as CEO of Hill+Knowlton Strategies and as a board member of The Advertising Council.
Alexander recently added “author” to his list of credentials with the publication of his new book, The Strategic Storyteller: Content Marketing in the Age of the Educated Consumer. Today he shares insights from the book, as well as valuable tips to help you find your story and connect with customers.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What the most compelling advertisements tend to have in common.
- Why storytelling is a powerful tool for selling.
- The first question you should ask to find your company’s story.
- What all companies need in order to connect with their customers.
- How to think asymmetrically, and why you should be doing this to improve your marketing.
- The major shift marketers need to make in ad targeting.
Key Strategic Storytelling Resources:
- Connect with Alexander: Website | Group SJR
- Amazon: The Strategic Storyteller: Content Marketing in the Age of the Educated Consumer
- Kindle: The Strategic Storyteller: Content Marketing in the Age of the Educated Consumer
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: