What makes a superconsumer, and why are they so important? Today’s guest, growth strategy expert Eddie Yoon, is here to answer those questions and more. Eddie is the founder of the growth think tank and advisory firm, Eddie Would Grow. He has helped numerous businesses—ranging from cable media to pet food, and from consumer robotics to standby generators—go from several hundred million to nearly a billion dollars.
Eddie is also the author of the acclaimed book, Superconsumers: A Simple, Speedy and Sustainable Path to Superior Growth (Harvard Business School Press, 2016), as well as over 40 articles. He is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review, and has been a keynote speaker in the U.S., Africa, Australia, Denmark, the UK, and Japan.
Today, he’s here to share what makes a superconsumer, and why marketers need to understand how to reach them for the sake of growing their businesses.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why all marketers should understand superconsumers and know how to find them.
- How to utilize your own data to identify superconsumers.
- What you need to make sure you’re not wasting your time as a marketer.
- Three things required for category growth.
- Why credibility can be more powerful than fame.
- The dangerous misconception surrounding superconsumers.
- How to identify and avoid autopilots (and why you need to).
- Eddie’s biggest piece of advice for entrepreneurs with limited marketing resources.
Key Resources for Eddie Yoon:
- Connect with Eddie: Website |Twitter
- Amazon: Superconsumers: A Simple, Speedy and Sustainable Path to Superior Growth
- Kindle: Superconsumers: A Simple, Speedy and Sustainable Path to Superior Growth
- Audible: Superconsumers: A Simple, Speedy and Sustainable Path to Superior Growth
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: